Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Favorites

Most of the films I really loved over the semester. I even went out and bought some of them because they were so great. Out of all the films, here's a list of them from least to most favorite.

10) 

Killer of Sheep -- I didn't see any appeal to this film and it didn't strike me as a revolutionary film.
9) 

Wendy and Lucy -- Again, it didn't strike me as anything special.
8) 

My Own Private Idaho -- I liked seeing Keanu Reeves in something other than the Matrix, but I didn't really like the over-the-top style through the film.
7) 

Awara -- I didn't hate it, but there wasn't anything great about it in my opinion. To be honest, I barely remembered this film.
6) 

The Good The Bad The Ugly -- Clint Eastwood is awesome, but I'm so burnt out on Westerns due to a previous class, plus I'm not a fan of Sergio Leone.
5) 

Detour -- I thought it was a good story and I loved the story, but it wasn't my favorite.
4) 

Moonrise Kingdom -- It had it's weird parts, but overall I liked it!
3) 
 

Blancanieves and Sherlock Jr (tie) -- Blancanieves was a very cool version of Snow White that pulled off the silent film. Sherlock Jr was very entertaining and I loved the classic film.
2) 
 

Freaks and The Vanishing (tie) -- Freaks was an amazing film that incorporated a very touching story with the strange of the disfigured. The Vanishing was a creepy film that had no gore at all and I love horror films that mess with your head like that one did.
1) 

O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU? -- I loved this film so much I went out and bought it the next day! I love Greek Mythology and I love George Clooney. It was such an amazing film!

I loved this class and it opened my eyes to so many awesome films and different styles. Now, I have the desire to go watch O Brother! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment